ADD ME FAST

nuffnang

Polymer Clay Craft Workshop for Medina, Misamis Oriental

Last July 28, 29, and 30, 2011, I conducted the Basic Polymer Clay Craft and Livelihood Workshop on Souvenir Item Making in Medina, Misamis Oriental.

In partnership with the Department of Trade & Industry - Misamis Oriental and the Local Government Unit Tourism of the Municipality of Medina, the workshop was a success and a very humbling experience for me.
Medina is one of the municipalities of Misamis Oriental famous for Duka Bay Resort.  I have been to Duka Bay many times but never toured around the place.  Me and my cousin Louie were never familiar with the place.

I was so excited to conduct the workshop to another group of people and for sure, will be added up in my bff (best friends forever) list.  This is what I love about my job, meeting new friends.

We were welcomed by no other than Ms Mylene Huerto, the very active LGU Tourism Officer of Medina and her staff. They were so warm and accommodating.

Before conducting our day 1 workshop, we also had a courtesy call with Mayor Pupos. He was very encouraging and supportive of the workshop, but emphasized on its future and long term aspects. I noted his point and just thankful enough that he spared some time to welcome us and show support.



Overall, I am so happy to have conducted this workshop and even shared ways on how to promote their Municipality through their creations, and encouraged them to always strive for quality.

Me and my family fell in love with the place that's very rich in natural resources.



Thanks to Judy Aclan from DTI Misamis Oriental who has been instrumental in organizing such livelihood opportunities and has been very proactive when it comes to supporting recipients in every municipality under her jurisdiction (or beyond?).

I know that the Medinanions will have a future in this new business that they are creating and it's not just about making money, but also molding the community to share their talents, skills, and capabilities regardless of education and social status. 

As long as they have joined, and participated by heart during the workshop, for sure, they will be successful.  Good Luck to you all and I pray for your success!!!






HOME

Enter your email address:

3 comments:

Glenda (Dang) said...

Congratulations Carl...actually DD received your letter to conduct workshop with us...but the company has other priorities at the moment...yet I find your project a good therapy sana to the employees aside from a business possibility of anyone of us...God bless you Carl..I am so happy you have found your passion...:-)

cfmedrano said...

Thanks beautiful Dang2....mwah!

Glenda (Dang) said...

you are welcome carla girlash ehhehe mwah mwah pud

back to top